Health, Safety and Environment General Department’s achievements during the period (from 1/1/2019 till 31/8/2019)
The company’s vision and policy is to adopt efficient and effective implementation and application of occupational health and safety procedures and environmental protection and supports full commitment to achieve continuous improvement in order to provide a safe environment for all operations, projects and activities of the company. This is because of its direct and positive feedback on the progress of the company, ranking among international companies and increase competitiveness to put the company in a privileged position among its customers.
As a result of the continuous and sustainable efforts of the Petroleum Marine Services Company to be one of the pioneering companies in the General Petroleum Sector, PMS obtained the certificate of occupational health and safety management system ISO 45001-2018 issued by the International English Supervising Authority Lloyd’s Register. ISO 45001-2018 is characterized by the integration of health and occupational safety issues within the strategic directions of the company and increase the awareness of employees to participate in the operations of the HSE system.
Key Performance indicators for health, safety and environment as for Year 2019
Number of injuries led to time loss in 2019
Fire accidents in 2019
Environmental accidents in 2019
Near misses accidents in 2019
Number of HSE Committee meetings in 2019
Top Management walkthrough in 2019
Number of safety meetings of different departments in 2019
Number of internal audits of HSE management system
Number of external audits of HSE management system
Number of HSE audits for contractors
Number of occupational safety and health training programs
Number of training hours on occupational safety and health topics
Number of trainees on occupational safety and health topics
Number of violations / fines against the company by Environmental Affairs Agency
The number of drills that have been conducted to deal with all kinds of environmental accidents
The number of training programs for the protection of the environment
Number of trainees on environmental protection topics
External certificates certified by a Third Party
- PMS obtained certificate of the system of occupational health and safety management ISO 45001-2018 on 29/8/2019 from the International Supervising Authority LR. PMS is a pioneering company among the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC) companies in obtaining the certificate where the procedures were as follows:
- On 20th May2019, PMS made a Gap Analysis between the company’s system and the terms of ISO 45001-2018.
- On 8th & 15th Aug2019 Passed the external audit by the International Supervisory Authority in the phases of Documentation and implementation.
- On 30th April and 2nd May /2019 Passed the periodical external audit from the International Supervisory Authority for the ISO 14001-2015 certificate related to environmental protection management system.
- On 14th May 2019 Renewed company’s compliance with the requirements of civil protection for the year 2019 without any observations. Thus, the company’s Maadia area is considered unique among the petroleum sector sites, which is compliant with the requirements of the Department of Civil Protection.
- Adoption of emergency plan for Maadia site from Department of civil protection for year 2019.
- Contract Renewal for the safe disposal of hazardous waste in 2019 to comply with the Environment Law 4/1994.
- Qualification of 16 engineers from different departments on the ISO 45001 system for safety (Lead Auditor) and certification from LR.
- 4 safety engineers obtained the international English NEBOSH certificate from OGS company to comply with the requirements of the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation and to raise the technical level of a total of 14 engineers.
- Training of 230 personnel (Maadia emergency teams) on emergency plans through the Civil Protection Department in Damanhour in accordance with the requirements of civil protection and achieving compliance with the laws.
Rationalizing company expenses
- Extended the life span of emergency escape devices EEBD 15 Min for (LALISAS brand) from 10 years to 15 years and more. This was achieved by communicating with the manufacturer of these devices and getting a letter from them to increase the life span of the devices to 15 years and more, if these devices pass the hydrostatic test by an authorized repair and testing agent from the parent company. This extension saved over a million pounds that would have been spent to purchase new devices.
- Carrying out gas measurements in the marine units’ tanks by company safety personnel and equipment during marine units’ dry dock where it was agreed with the yard to be measured by the Third Party only once and then by PMS to save 15 dollars per point for the issuance of this certificate by the yard.
Supervising the maintenance of the units during Dry Docking
Securing the works during the presence of units in the dock without injuries, loss of time or serious accidents according to the following table:
Egyptian Shipbuilding & Repair Yard